Welcome to our Blog!

Brandon and I would like to welcome you to our blog! Check it out for what's going on in our lives! If you need to get in touch with us, please email us at BranAnne@gmail.com or feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Time!

It just seems like time has flown by since Brandon and I were married 9 months ago! We feel like we are finally settling into our lives together and are enjoying married life. This summer has gone pretty quickly as it always does! I've been enjoying the mornings that I get to sleep in and say good-bye to Brandon as he heads off to work. That'll all change for me as next week I head back to work to get ready for school to start.
We've had a good summer though starting off with a trip to Kansas, to visit Josh and Lindsey for the blessing of their new baby boy. We've never been to Kansas before so it was quite the new experience. We had to fly into Denver, CO, then drive 4 hours to the small town of Colby, Kansas. There's not much to see on the ride out there unless you enjoy the never ending views of green fields stretching out as far as the eye can see. We had a good time visiting with Josh and Lindsey and were glad we could be a part of that special time for them and their baby.

Me, Josh, and Brandon disguised as Buffalo Bill, Calamity Jane, and an unidentified Indian Chief. Brandon and I with the Clarks.

We had our Tour de Cure ride that was a fundraising bike ride for Diabetes. It started in Brigham City and went out to the Golden Spike State Park and back. It was a cold, breezy, over cast day with sprinkling rain off an on throughout our ride. I completed 62.5 miles and Brandon did 73 miles. It was a tough ride but it was worth the hard work and for the cause we were riding for. I got to the finish line and was waiting for Brandon and was able to snap this picture as he finished his ride.



Next on the agenda was a trip to California to help babysit my sister's kids while she and my oldest niece attended their Stake's Girls Camp. It was fun to be able to spend some time with my nieces and nephews and escape the rainy June and enjoy the California sunshine.

My nephew Brigham all dressed up like a Gladiator ready for battle.

Kennan, Brig, and Morgan having a great time at the park.

Getting to hang out with the kids was fun! They are such good kids, and I admire my sister and bro-in-law for the great job they've done in raising them! I also got to get to know the area where my sister lives outside of San Jose pretty well. Even though I got a little turned around after I dropped off Brandon at the airport, but thanks to Kennan who reminded me that they had a GPS in the car, we made it home okay. I got to hang out by the pool everyday while the kids had swim team and so my summer tan got off to a nice start! I was tuckered out every night and slept like a log! I really enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with my nieces and nephew that I don't get to see very much.


For the 4th of July weekend, we went down to Cedar City and spent time with Brandon good friends the Haltermans. They were so nice and we had a great time with them! Brandon tells me that they were like a second family to him when he was growing up.
Me posing in my 4th of July headband!

Brandon, me, Helen, and Tim (Brandon's parents). They took us on a beautiful drive from Hurricane to Kolob Resevoir near Zion's National Park. It was nice getting to spend some time with them over the 4th too! We decided to take the scenic route home and went up to Cedar Breaks National Park. The temperature dropped almost 20 degrees up there and it was just beautiful! Here's Brandon attempting to fly off the ledge of the view point. You can't tell, but it was super windy up there. That is what inspired this pose!

The Days of 47 Rodeo rolled into town and my good friend Traci invited Brandon and I to go! And glad we did! I mean, have you ever seen a giant boot with the flag bearers spinning around inside? Well I have, and it was fantastic! Though the tickets are a bit pricey for a rodeo, I think it was worth it, to have air conditioning, seats with backs on them, and not having to use a Port-o-Potty at your typical rodeo. Good times!


This was our half-time show. If you can't tell what this is, then I'll explain. This is a border collie who was rounding up goats and being ridden by a little monkey! That along with the giant boot, brought another first for me! Never saw a monkey riding a dog before!

Ride 'em Cowboy! Sadly this cowboy did not make it to 8 seconds!

And the summer is not quite over! There's more to come!

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Wow!! You guys have been super busy traveling all over! Sounds like your summer has been great!