Welcome to our Blog!

Brandon and I would like to welcome you to our blog! Check it out for what's going on in our lives! If you need to get in touch with us, please email us at BranAnne@gmail.com or feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer, Summer Time! Time to sit back and Unwind!


Last week on a lazy Sunday afternoon, Brandon and I decided to take a picnic up Little Cottonwood Canyon. We went up to Alta and found a little trail that took us into these stunning wild flower filled meadows!



I've never seen so many wild flowers! This would be a great place to take family pictures or engagement photos!
It was fun exploring this area. I grew up close to Provo Canyon and am pretty familiar with that area, but it's been nice getting to know the Canyons that we live nearby now. Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons are just beautiful. We've had a few Sundays that we've gone on these little exploring adventures. It's nice to get to spend time together doing those types of things! We both enjoy it.


Last week we went camping up to Flaming Gorge with some of my family. We drove through Vernal, and what I love about Vernal is the whole focus on dinosaurs. This particular T-Rex gets a new costume with every season and holiday. I've seen it with bunny rabbit ears, and even a pioneer bonnet! It looks like he is decked out like a cowboy in this one!

Here's a view of the Green River! Our rafting trip started out with great sunny weather, then quickly changed to overcast and off and on rain with thunder and lightening in the distance.

Brandon and I sporting our lovely life jackets! Gotta love them!This is where we stopped for lunch. The water was so high, that a lot of the beaches along the way were underwater.
My bro-in-law Cameron has been coming to Flaming Gorge for years and he has made it a tradition of having water fights on the rafting trip. Having the kids along only made him do it a "little" bit less. The water was freezing and I wanted to cry along with the younger kids when I got drenched over and over. But I guess you can't dish it if you can't take it right? I did get pushed in, thanks to my bro-in-law John. That rush of adrenaline when your whole body gets submerged in that cold water does make you feel more alive than ever, but oh man it's always a shocker!
Here's Brandon trying to dunk our nephew Spencer into the river after our trip! What a nice uncle!
It was a really fun trip! We went cliff jumping in the reservoir and swam around. The reservoir isn't nearly as cold as the river, so we didn't freeze our butts off! We had delicious dutch oven cooking, smores around a camp fire, great time with family, and made fun memories!

2 comments:

Carleton & Robyn said...

Yiiippppee! An update. I check your blog to see what's up. You two are very adventurous. Come out to CA sometime and we can do some rock climbing and fun stuff.

Whatcott said...

It's about time you updated this thing. :) Fun to see the pics.