Welcome to our Blog!

Brandon and I would like to welcome you to our blog! Check it out for what's going on in our lives! If you need to get in touch with us, please email us at BranAnne@gmail.com or feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer is finally here and Ethan is now 6 months old!

What's up?


We took Ethan in for his 6 month check up on June 17th.  He always surprises us with his statistics.  Here's where he's at right now:

Height: 28 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 22.6 pounds (off the charts!)
Head Circ: 17.2 in (50th Percentile)

He's off the charts for his weight and in the 95th percentile for height.  I asked the Doctor if I need to adjust Ethan's eating habits, but after going over what the kid consumes in a typical day, he said that his diet is fine, it's probably genetics.  But once this kid gets crawling and walking, I'm sure he'll even out.  He's super active and is always wanting to move and do things, so I'm interested to see what'll happen when he can actually crawl and walk.    

What Ethan is doing now:
-Babbling, saying this like Da, da, da.
-Blowing spit bubble raspberries.
-Standing holding onto something.
-Putting everything and anything he can get his hands on into his mouth, including his hands!
-Pulling Mommy's hair.
-Giggling and smiling of course!
-Played with a puppy the other day and thought that was neat! Kept laughing at him, especially when he got licked!
-Loving taking baths and splashing around with his rubber duckies!
-Had his first swim at our gym pool today and absolutely loved it! I dunked him under a couple times and he was totally cool with it.  He splashed and looked at all the other kids and just had a good time!
-He's eating solids now.  I even made my own baby food by roasting up a butternut squash and blending it nice and smooth for him to eat.  He's eaten everything we've ever offered him and he enjoys getting to eat when Mom and Dad are eating. 
-Rolling over from his back to his tummy.  This isn't his favorite, but he can do it when he wants to.
-Sitting on his own.  He'll fall over from time to time, but he's getting better at this everyday! 
He was very interested in getting to Mommy's phone.  Aren't all kids wanting their parents phones?  They see us using them all the time, what's all the fuss about they think.

Hanging out in our little playground by our condo. Ethan was pretty happy to be hanging out there, holding himself up with the bars.

Still loving his sleepy pal Lenny the Lamb!    

Here's Ethan the big boy, standing up all by himself!  Well if it weren't for the pole it wouldn't work out so well!
This kid loves to stand up! He constantly wants to be up and likes to balance on his toes! I can't believe how strong his little grip is.  He can't pull himself up yet, but once he's standing and holding on, he does pretty well.
Here's the big boy sitting up on his own.  I think that look on his face is saying, "Yep, I'm a big boy, and look at what I can do."

No comments: